Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 14, 2011

My Wingless angel ;)

''Friendship is always a sweet responsibility,never an opportunity"",this is the famous quotes from Khalil Gibran which once I used to laugh at.Infact,I do not even believe that there is a true friend in this world.People will certainly stab you in the back in the unforgiving situation. Will anyone stay by your side if you have no money?I do not think so!Sometimes,I even wonder what life is about?Is it about love?So,why my own parent never be there for me?Looking back,ever since I am in standard 1, only ‘’Pak Mat’’ our old driver sends and picks me up from school and only ‘’Mak Jah’’ our maid waits for me and serves my meals.My father is a successful businessman while my mother is a lecturer in a famous university.They are just too busy to spend their time with me.


       Now,I began to feel that my life is so empty and meaningless.I am sick of playing games and acting like I never care when they are never there.So,I decided to change my  life.I want to make them proud of me,I will prove myself.That is the only reasons why I take part in ‘’Science Projects Competition”.Luck was on my side,Aleeya the apple of teacher’s eye  volunteered to be in my group.Actually,Aleeya is not the type of friend that I will choose.Most of my friends come from upper class society while Aleeya is only a daughter of a poor farmer and the only reason why she can afford to study in my school is that she got a scholarship from the government.Still,as all my friends is not that bright,I have to take all fish that comes the net.If I join this competition with my friend that I used to hang out,it will likely to be like the blind leading the blind.Opportunity only knocks once,I need her to win this competition.But my friends do not seem to understand and they critisize me like backseat driver.
   At first,all sort of difficulties cropped up and delayed us.Later,we learn how to handle it and together,Aleeya and I burning the midnight oil to rub up  our knowledge in Science.After, two months of preparation,we are totally equipped for the competition.To my surprise,my parent come to watch me during the day of the competition and that ignited my spirit to win simultaneously proving to my friends that this is not a wild-goose chase.The moments when we are announced as the winner,I felt like I can fly.I just smile holding the joy I feel.I was deeply touched and I feel grateful to her for trusting me when all my friends doubt on me.There is something in her that make me feel fine.
   There is magic in friendships.It softens the heart and even affects the nervous system of those who have no heart.She makes me believe angels comes in all shapes and in many ways,and she’s certainly one of them.All my old friends talk to me wryly as I remain close to her even after the competition.They try to bring her down because of jealousy!However, I have made up my mind and I write to Aleeya a letter that comes straight from my heart:

"Dear Aleeya,
You have been more than just a friend to me,and i will never let go of this wonderful friendship.Our destiny keep us close to each other.Coming together is a beginning,keeping together is a progress,working together is a success.Thank you for being there for me.
                                           Yours sincerely,
                                                 NADYA


                ‘’No need to thanks in friendship,just a smile and everything will be fine,’’was her reply.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment